Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thankful anyway Thursdays

Thankful Anyway Thursday

So it is Thursday again....

My little one is suffering so badly with her teeth.
She is cutting her back molars and having a very tough time of it.
She has gone from being a very placid and chilled out bub, to a very irritable, almost angry, whiny and sleepless child!

I get no more than an hour or so sleep at a time during the night.

She is constantly on the boob, and when I try and roll my aching body over she goes mad until I roll back and offer the boob again.

When I finally feel like she is settled, and I can roll onto my back and drift into sleep, my hubby starts snoring (every time) and keeps me awake.

BUT I am thankful anyway because this is a very real opportunity to develop my compassion and patience.

I am thankful anyway because I am seemingly strong enough to cope with very little sleep.

I am thankful anyway because during those long dark hours when I am awake, I can appreciate the stillness and the silence of the night, which I just love.

And I am thankful that my hubby is home for a change, even though he snores!

5 comments:

  1. Argh, those back molars were killers in our house! Someone told me the incisors are really tough but so far nothing like those molars.

    It's amazing how much reserve we find inside isn't!? BC (before children) if someone said I would survive on a couple of hrs, for months on end, I would have thought they were nuts. lol

    In love that stillness and silence too, perhaps not the ideal way of getting it, but it's there to appreciate. ;)

    Hang in there, the worst teething is getting behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, poor baby--and poor you! My baby is working on his upper first molars AND the canines. I've never seen him so pathetic--he is constantly reaching his arms out to me to be held. Nursing to relieve the pain, and waking up crying. But at least I'm getting sleep...

    But I am totally with ya on the developing compassion and patience. Actually, when I know he's in pain, the whining is much easier to take! Compassion wins out over annoyance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I feel so sorry for my little one...I heard today that getting teeth is almost equivalent to child birth!!! No wonder our little ones are suffering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds rough! Way to look on the bright side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Z is in the process of cutting these molars as well...but I am thinking/hoping that the worst part is behind him. When the ped had a look inside his mouth last month, his first response was, "this kid has giant teeth!"

    ReplyDelete